For the Love of Cutter

For the Love of Cutter

Monday, September 5, 2011

Home Again!

We are home! Yay! The doctor came in this morning, said that she did not see any seizures on the EEG from Sunday to Monday, and that we could go home today! We feel so blessed to be going home already. There was not ONE SINGLE seizure seen on Cutter's EEG scans. Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord! They kept Cutter's medications the same, and we will go back in three weeks for a check up. We appreciate all of the messages, phone calls, and especially the prayers! Please keep praying!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 2-Chapel Hill


We got great news yesterday about Cutter's EEG. The doctor did not see any clear seizure activity while Cutter was hooked up yesterday. Praise God! We are so thankful! The doctor said she was completely shocked, but we all know how God works in wonderful ways! The plan for now is that if Cutter does not have any seizures by tomorrow we get to come home! They are very pleased with what they have seen thus far. So, we are just waiting on tomorrow to hurry and get here. We are rejoicing and thanking the Lord for His many blessings. Thank you for praying!!!!!!

Saturday, September 3, 2011

We're Here!


We got to Chapel Hill yesterday around 11. When we got here, of course, they weren't ready for us. No one seemed to know that we were even coming, even though we were told a week ago that he was a "direct admission" and Thursday we talked to the neurosurgery team and neurology team on the phone! Anyway, while we were waiting on a room we went to the EEG clinic and got him all wrapped up and ready for his EEG. That was miserable. Just like last time. But after it was over he was fine and happy.

We are in room 6C01 in the Children's Hospital. It's bigger than the other rooms we have been in. This is great because Cutter can't travel very far due to the fact that he is hooked up to a computer. (And that cord isn't too long. We know this because Cutter jerked it out of the wall yesterday when he ran into the hallway going after a little car!)

Cutter is doing great! No seizures that we have seen, but they haven't read the EEG report yet. They are going to do that this morning and let us know what they saw. According to his neurologist, Dr. Greenwood, the plan is that if Cutter is not having any big seizures then after three days we will be coming back home. No surgery for him! They are not even going to inject the dye for the SPECT scan unless he has a big seizure. So, we are just waiting on the doctors to tell us what is going to happen from here on.

They did a blood level check and his Dilantin level was a little high. So they dropped his dosage just a little. We talked to the neurologist about possibly reducing all of his medications, but that is not an option right now. Cutter will have to go two whole years without having ANY seizures before they can reduce or completely remove any medications. :( So we will know with time.

Thank you for your prayers! God is good! We will update soon!