Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Hello Friends, Most of you already know, but for those that do not, Cutter was not able to have surgery yesterday. Maverick came down with the flu on Friday. Cutter ran a slight fever on Saturday, then started again Tuesday morning at 3:30. By the time it was time to go to the hospital his fever had broken, but he did still have a cough and some congestion. Because of this it was decided that Cutter could not have anesthesia. There were too many risks involved for the surgery to happen that day. They told us that he could have surgery in 4-6 weeks. We were on an emotional roller coaster yesterday, that is for sure! We were filled with confusion, relief, sadness, and frustration. We know that it is all in God's timing and that we must be patient. This definitely gives us more time to prepare and more time to pray for little Cutter and the doctors involved. West Marion Elementary School is doing a benefit dinner for our family on Friday night, and now we get to attend! We were sad that we were going to have to miss it, but now, we won't! We are so thankful for all of the hard work that our friends have done to get ready for the benefit. And the support from our community has been AMAZING. We are feeling so blessed right now! Chapel Hill called today, and Cutter's surgery has been rescheduled. He will have pre-op on March 12, his first surgery on March 13, and his second surgery on March 20. It is easier said than done to not question God's plans, but we are trying hard. We know God loves us, and we know He loves Cutter more than we do. He has his best interests at heart, even though it is SOOOO hard for us to understand. For some reason, it was just not time this time around. There is a bigger picture, and we hope that in time, God will reveal it to us! Thank you for your continued prayers and support! We will keep you updated!
Friday, January 4, 2013
Hello Friends, Well, the day is drawing closer. Surgery Day will be here before we know it. It seems so surreal. It seems like it is finally going to happen this time. We have been trying so hard to keep Cutter from getting sick before Surgery Day. We haven't even let him attend preschool in a few weeks, and he has asked to go! However, no matter how hard we tried, sickness has arrived. Cutter is not sick, yet, but Maverick has the flu! We are all on Tamiflu as a precaution. We hope and pray that Cutter does not catch anything. We need him to stay healthy and germ free until time for surgery! It is hard to describe what we are feeling right now about Cutter's surgery. We are hoping that this is the solution, and that this is IT. We are scared about the process because surgery is a scary thing. We are sad that he even has to go through this. It just breaks our hearts. However, we KNOW that this is what needs to happen. We KNOW that God is going to take care of him. We KNOW that God will take care of us, too. He will handle our doubts and our fears. He will take them away. In the past we have felt God's grace and mercy. Both are very powerful feelings. We are expecting no less in this situation. We know He will provide. There is so much going on right now as far as support goes. People have donated days to Ashley so that she can take off work and be home with Cutter while he recovers. People have donated money to help with travel and medical expenses. People have given benefits in the past to help with medical expenses, as well. West Marion is hosting a benefit spaghetti dinner on Cutter's behalf next Friday, January 11th. They are working so hard to get this accomplished and make it a success. We can't begin to thank you enough for all EVERYONE has done for us. The support that we have received over the past 3 years has been phenomenal. There are no words to describe just how thankful we are. We will continue to update the blog as things progress in Chapel Hill. Right now, the next steps are to get Maverick better, get everything packed and ready to go, and pray about the days ahead. We love you all!